Saturday, November 26, 2011

Riju and Yepuda Go Chinese at Luk Yuen Noodle House

A few months ago, Riju and I have decided to give Luk Yuen Noodle House a try when we were looking for a place to eat for date night. Apparently, Riju believes that you can tell if a place sells mouthwatering food if it is full packed. So off we enter the Chinese restaurant located on the ground floor of  Glorietta 5.

The moment we entered the place, the sound of buzzing people who are merrily munching on their dumplings, noodles and what not greeted our ears. A waitress led our way to an empty spot and gave us their menu. As Riju and I both scanned what this new place has to offer our very discriminating palates, I knew in my mind that we have to order some dumpling. And since we both like to eat spicy food, we ordered some dumplings in hot chili. Aside from that, I let Riju do the rest of the placing of orders and so he asked for pork with vegetables in chili sauce and another dish that has failed to register in my mind as of the moment. (Gah~)

Anyway, while we were waiting for our order, I tried their appetizer whichI think comes for free or comes with whatever you order, and boy was it nice! It's called wanton chips. It's like those corn chips that we usually eat but it has its own unique flavor. I liked it's crunchiness and the not-too-salty and not-too-bland taste. Riju and I finished munching a whole plate of it (it was just a tiny plate so don't overreact ok?) and we still want more. I asked a staff from the restaurant if we can get some more and he said yes but you know what? It NEVER arrived on our table. Well, it's either they forgot about it or they don't want to give us some more.

Going back to our main course, the moment the dishes have finally arrived, we started digging in. I liked the pork with veggies in chili sauce while Riju loved it. I was more excited of my dumplings, as I am a sucker for siomai. However, when our dumplings in hot sauce was finally served on our table, I got quickly disappointed about it because of the way it smelled. I cannot really say if that is how it's supposed to smell or not since it was my first time there but the smell is just fishy and let's just say, I didn't like it. And when I tried popping one in my mouth, my disappointment even grew bigger because it was not "that" hot inside considering that they just served it on our table. What about the taste? It's forgettable. I'd ditch it in a heartbeat if someone offers me the same amount of siomai dumplings from Siomai House any day. And as for the I-forgot-the-name dish, nothing special. 








So will we come back again? Maybe. But during that time, we may just order some congee for take out instead of dining in.

If you are interested to try this place out, it has 5 branches in Manila where you can choose from.

LUK YUEN NOODLE HOUSE NCR BRANCHES


Luk Yuen Noodle House -- Alabang -- (02) 772-4967
Luk Yuen Noodle House -- Glorietta 5 -- (02) 856-5199
Luk Yuen Noodle House -- Greenhills Shopping Center -- (02) 721-2620
Luk Yuen Noodle House -- Makati -- (02) 856-5778
Luk Yuen Noodle House -- SM Megamall -- (02) 633-1610

0 comments:

Post a Comment